Space Engineers: Hardspace Shipbreaker Shipbuilding Competition
We are excited to announce the Hardspace Shipbreaker Shipbuilding Competition! We are teaming up with our friends, so you can team up with yours! Winners of the competition will receive a copy of BOTH Space Engineers as well as HardSpace: Shipbreaker.
Equipped with cutting-edge salvaging tech, carve & slice spaceships to recover valuable materials. Upgrade your gear to take on more lucrative contracts and pay your billion credits debt to LYNX Corp!
We offer you the privilege of helping turn humanity’s past into its future by salvaging ships in zero-g. Each one is a puzzle, and how you solve it is up to you! Carve your way in, salvage everything, and maximize your profit.
Our cutting-edge LYNX tech helps you do the job. Slice metal with the laser cutter and use the grapple tool to move salvage with ease. Earn upgrades, such as demo charges, sensors, and safety gear.
Careful where you point those tools! Hazards include explosive decompression, fuel, electricity, and radiation. Your life is protected by our EverWork™ technology, but our profits aren’t.
Your LYNX adventure starts now! Account balance owing is:
Start paying that debt! Good luck, shipbreaker!
Winners will receive game keys, for both Space Engineers & Hardspace: Shipbreaker. Have a copy for yourself or gift it to a friend!
Your entry could showcase one of the incredible ships from HardSpace: Shipbreaker, or be something inspired by Hardspace: Shipbreaker. The choice is yours!
Start: Friday, February 10th, 2023
Deadline for submissions: Tuesday, February 21st, 2023
- Less than TWO WEEKS to get your submissions in, so get building!
- Create and submit screenshots of Space Engineers, inspired by “Hardspace: Shipbreaker”. Winners will receive game keys, for both Space Engineers & Hardspace: Shipbreaker.
- The winners will be announced during a livestream on Thursday, February 23rd, 2023
- The top three entries of each category will be chosen by the KeenSWH and Hardspace: Shipbreaker teams.
We’re excited to see what you create. Good luck!
- Each player can submit 1 screenshot
- The manipulation and enhancement of photos through editing software like Photoshop and GIMP is allowed, as long as the source is an in-game screenshot.
- We will be looking at the composition, colors, story and uniqueness of the shot.
- Screenshots must have a minimum resolution of 1080p but the higher the better! 4K and above would be great!
- We encourage competitors to use Nvidia Ansel or our F4 screenshot functionality as it gives much higher resolution screenshots.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- After finalizing your screenshot(s) and or GIF/video, upload them to a media sharing site (eg. imgur)
- Send the link with your screenshot(s) to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Hardspace: Shipbreaker – Screenshot Competition”. Please also include a link to your Steam or Xbox profile.
Make sure that you read the rules carefully. Please familiarize yourself with all of the contest guidelines before creating your artistic masterpiece!
EVALUATION & RESULTS
There will be a 2 week (11 day) period for submissions, beginning Friday, February 10th, 2023 and concluding Tuesday, February 21st, 2023.
During the 2 days following this period, we will review all submissions to ensure quality and that the rules have been adhered to. We will choose at least 3 winners.
The winners will be announced on Thursday, February 23rd, 2023.
Some winners may have their images added as official loading screens or printed onto canvas and used in the new KeenSWH & GoodAI Headquarters in Prague!
Each contest winner will receive a copy of Space Engineers and a copy of Hardspace: Shipbreaker. Keep them for yourself or share them with a friend!
RULES & LEGAL
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is open to legal residents of any country or state, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Keen Software House as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry to the email address email@example.com. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Keen Software House.
- General guidelines: Entries must be submitted in standard media formats, and contain a title. Each contestant can only submit one entry per category, but can win in multiple categories. Entries must reflect the theme of the contest: Space Engineers & Hardspace: Shipbreaker. Keen Software House will automatically be granted the right to use and modify any and all entries for any and all purposes, whether or not the entrant is declared a winner.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) may have their screenshot(s) added to the game’s loading screens subject to artistic style approval. The specifics of the prizes shall be solely determined by Keen Software House. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Keen Software House to use and or/modify Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade, on the Keen Software House website and social media accounts, and in Keen Software House games, without further compensation.
- Marek Rosa (CEO, Creative Director, Founder of Keen Software House), Vladislav Polgar, Joel Wilcox, and Erin Truitt will officially carry out the duties of Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be notified via email at the end date of the contest. Keen Software House shall have no liability for any Entrant’s or Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to acknowledge the prize, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected, or Keen Software House will automatically be granted the right to use and modify the entry for all purposes. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, audio, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Keen Software House, acting on behalf of Keen Software House and Keen Software House’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Keen Software House. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Keen Software House from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Keen Software House may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Keen Software House reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Keen Software House’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such a case, Keen Software House may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Keen Software House. Keen Software House reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Keen Software House has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made Keen Software House reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Keen Software House and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the Czech Republic having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Keen Software House, located in Prague, Czech Republic.
- The Campaign hosted by Keen Software House is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By submitting an entry, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.