We are excited to announce the “War Production” Screenshot Competition!
When war calls, industry answers! With the recent release of the Heavy Industry update + DLC, we’ve seen an incredible response to the art style and theme of the new blocks featured in this update. The official scenarios made by our team have also been very popular but we now look to the community to unleash their creativity using this same theme. This competition gives you the chance to showcase your design and engineering prowess!
Winners will receive gift cards, game/DLC keys, and engineer skin sets as prizes. On top of that, some screenshots may become official loading screens in Space Engineers and/or canvas prints which will be placed around the KeenSWH offices in Prague!
Your entry could showcase a futuristic factory, a huge mining complex in a moon crater, or maybe even an army of mechs fresh off the production line. The choice is yours!
Start: Thursday, August 12th, 2021
Deadline for submissions: Sunday, October 16th, 2021
- Create and submit screenshots of Space Engineers, inspired by “Heavy Industry”. Winners will receive prizes in the form of gift cards, game/DLC keys, and engineer skin sets.
- The winners will be announced during a livestream with Marek and Natiq Aghayev (Lead Artist at KeenSWH) on Thursday, October 23rd, 2021
- The top three entries of each category will be chosen by the KeenSWH team.
We’re excited to see the industrial masterpieces that you create. Good luck!
- Each player can submit 1 screenshot per category
- The manipulation and enhancement of photos through editing software like Photoshop and GIMP is allowed, as long as the source is an in-game screenshot.
- Across all categories, we will be looking at the composition, colors, story and uniqueness of the shot.
- All screenshots should use official game assets only. The use of mods is allowed only in the specified category – Heavy Industry (Modded).
- Screenshots must have a minimum resolution of 1080p but the higher the better! 4K and above would be great!
- We encourage competitors to use Nvidia Ansel or our F4 screenshot functionality as it gives much higher resolution screenshots.
- Some winners may have their images added as official loading screens or printed onto canvas and used in the KeenSWH offices!
There are situations where, simply put, more is better. Expanding facilities wherever and however possible. Quickly reacting whenever bottlenecks occur.
While higher numbers and brute force often provide a result, it is often more useful, and perhaps more elegant, to work smart, not hard. Utilize the most efficient and advanced technological systems.
Vehicles of War
Be it space-faring or on planet-bound, the production of vehicles and other craft designed to intimidate your enemies or protect those in need can never cease in a time of war.
Heavy Industry (Modded)
This can be content similar to any of the above categories but may also feature any of the epic mods created by the Space Engineers community!
BONUS: Industrial GIF/Video (<20 Seconds)
Sometimes movement is needed to best showcase a scene and it’s potential. Create a short GIF or video for that purpose.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- After finalizing your screenshot(s) and or GIF/video, upload them to a media sharing site (eg. imgur)
- Send the link with your screenshot(s) to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2081 War Production Screenshot Competition”. Please also clearly state which category the screenshots you submit belong in and include a link to your Steam profile.
Make sure that you read the rules carefully. Please familiarize yourself with all of the contest guidelines before creating your artistic masterpiece!
EVALUATION & RESULTS
There will be a 2 month period for submissions, beginning Thursday, August 12th, 2021 and concluding Sunday, October 16th, 2021.
During the 7 days following this period, we will review all submissions to ensure quality and that the rules have been adhered to. From the eligible entries, we will choose 3 winners of each category.
The winners will be announced on October 23rd, 2021.
Some winners may have their images added as official loading screens or printed onto canvas and used in the new KeenSWH & GoodAI Headquarters in Prague!
- 1st place will receive a $100 Steam/Xbox/Zazzle gift card, a copy of Space Engineers Ultimate Edition (PC or Xbox), and 5 skin sets.
- 2nd place will receive a $50 Steam/Xbox/Zazzle gift card, a copy of Space Engineers Ultimate Edition (PC or Xbox), and 3 skin sets.
- 3rd place will receive a $25 Steam/Xbox/Zazzle gift card, a copy of Space Engineers Ultimate Edition (PC or Xbox), and 2 skin sets.
RULES & LEGAL
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is open to legal residents of any country or state, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Keen Software House as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 12/08/2021, 15:00 UTC +1 and ending 16/10/2021, 23:59 UTC +1. All online entries must be received by 16/10/2021, 23:59 UTC+1. The winners will be announced on 23/10/2021, 18:00 UTC +1.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry to the email address email@example.com. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Keen Software House.
- General guidelines: Entries must be submitted in standard media formats, and contain a title. Each contestant can only submit one entry per category, but can win in multiple categories. The maximum length for GIF or video entries is 20 seconds. Entries must reflect the theme of the contest: Space Engineers. Keen Software House will automatically be granted the right to use and modify any and all entries for any and all purposes, whether or not the entrant is declared a winner.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will have their screenshot(s) and or GIF/video showcased on the Space Engineers YouTube Channel, and may have them added to the game’s loading screens subject to artistic style approval. The specifics of the prizes shall be solely determined by Keen Software House. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Keen Software House to use and or/modify Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade, on the Keen Software House website and social media accounts, and in Keen Software House games, without further compensation.
- Marek Rosa (CEO, Creative Director, Founder of Keen Software House), Vladislav Polgar, Natiq Aghayev, Sander de Visser, Joachim Koolhof, Mikko Saarijarvi, Joel Wilcox, and Erin Truitt will officially carry out the duties of Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by Marek Rosa, Vladislav Polgar, Natiq Aghayev, Sander de Visser, Joachim Koolhof, Mikko Saarijarvi, Joel Wilcox, and Erin Truitt. Fifteen winners will be notified via email at the end date of the contest. Keen Software House shall have no liability for any Entrant’s or Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to acknowledge the prize, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected, or Keen Software House will automatically be granted the right to use and modify the entry for all purposes. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, audio, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Keen Software House, acting on behalf of Keen Software House and Keen Software House’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Keen Software House. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Keen Software House from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Keen Software House may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Keen Software House reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Keen Software House’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such a case, Keen Software House may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Keen Software House. Keen Software House reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Keen Software House has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made Keen Software House reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Keen Software House and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the Czech Republic having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Keen Software House, located in Prague, Czech Republic.
- The Campaign hosted by Keen Software House is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By submitting an entry, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Thank you and good luck!